The job of a Social Media Specialist is to create and manage content on all the company’s social media channels. This includes popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
The Specialist’s primary goal is to build audiences for the company’s social media profiles and come up with various solutions for customer engagement. They also track crucial metrics, reply to users’ comments, and supervise creative design.
Similar Job Titles:
What Does a Social Media Specialist Usually Do?
The role of a Social Media Specialist is to grab the attention of a targeted audience using top-notch content and form strong relationships that can help the brand grow. Some of the crucial tasks that a Specialist does are:
- Create content
- Manage the community
- Determine KPIs and interpret analytics
- Utilize social media ads
- Understand SEO
A Social Media Specialist creates valuable and consistent content on all the company’s social media platforms. This includes creating and editing social media posts and promoting different types of social media campaigns. The goal is to craft content that will impact the community and boost the number of followers.
Managing the Community
One of the crucial goals of a Social Media Specialist is to figure out the best ways to interact with the community and get a better understanding of their needs, pain points, questions, and comments. A Specialist needs to give a human face to the brand, enabling the target audience to feel comfortable about communicating with the business.
Determining KPIs and Interpreting Analytics
A Social Media Specialist determines key performance indicators that can help the company achieve its goals. This includes evaluating these goals frequently and adjusting the KPIs.
In line with the KPIs, a Specialist needs to use analytic tools to measure the performance of all social media channels. This enables the Specialist to come up with the best possible content strategy.
Utilizing Social Media Ads
A Social Media Specialist needs to be proficient with paid social media ads. This enables them to determine how those ads can scale the company’s organic social media efforts. The Specialist determines the best social media platforms for running ads and suggests the most effective practices for aligning ad content with the target audience.
It’s important for a Specialist to be well-versed when it comes to the best SEO practices for driving organic traffic to the company’s social media content. They know how to incorporate the best-performing keywords and optimize each post in line with the users’ search intent.
Roles a Social Media Specialist Typically Collaborates With
A Social Media Specialist can work closely with a variety of crucial company roles, depending on your company’s structure. Some of the most common roles include:
|Roles Social Media Specialists Collaborate With|
|Product Manager||Marketing Specialist||Marketing Analyst|
|Graphic Designer||Content Manager||Brand Manager|
|SEO Specialist||Creative Director||Copywriter|
Social Media Specialist Salary
The average salary of a Social Media Specialist in the United States is $43,000 per year.
In line with various factors, such as their skill set and experience, a Social Media Specialist earns from $38,000 to $50,000.
What Is the Social Media Specialist Pay Difference by Location?
Let’s take a look at what the average annual salary of a Social Media Specialist is some of the major U.S. cities:
|San Francisco, CA||$53,856|
|New York, NY||$51,831|
What Is the Social Media Specialist Pay Difference by Experience?
A Social Media Specialist’s salary is affected by their level of experience. Here’s a list of Social Media Specialist salaries based on how many years of experience they have:
|Years of Experience||Average Annual Salary|
Social Media Specialist Job Description Template
[Company Name] is looking for a talented and experienced Social Media Specialist to help us manage different strategies effectively across all our social media channels. This includes our [list relevant social media platforms].
Working as a Social Media Specialist at [Company], your job will be to utilize various social media tools and create top-notch content for boosting awareness and engagement. You will establish KPIs and evaluate analytics to help us come up with the best possible social media content strategy.
Working alongside our creative and editorial teams, your job will be to find the best solutions for interacting with our followers and boosting conversions. You need to have excellent communication skills and a talent for crafting top-notch content that generates optimal results.
Social Media Specialist Responsibilities
- Craft social media content plans in line with the company’s brand identity
- Create a high volume of valuable social media posts every day
- Develop, edit, post, and share consistent content that boosts customer engagement for all social media platforms
- Interact with the follower base by responding to questions and comments in a timely manner
- Utilize analytical tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics, to track and assess the company’s performance on social media channels
- Provide suggestions on how the social media strategy can be improved
- Keep track of social media trends and practices
- Create and manage social influencer programs
- Attend social influencer events to gain new insights
- Generate monthly reports on the company’s social media efforts
- Moderate user-generated content in line with established policies
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Sales and Customer Relations
Social Media Specialist Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
- 3+ years of experience with social media, with a focus on content planning and management
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency using different analytics tools
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment